Adel El-Huni is an expatriate Libyan/American who has lived, worked and studied in the Middle East, Europe and North America. He describes himself as a banker by day and Robin Hood by night. He moves seamlessly between private, public and NGO sectors globally. Among his various endeavors he is Partner with THNK School of Creative Leadership and cofounded SEED Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center. Adel El-Huni was honored with the Prince Al- Waleed Bin Talal Fellowship in 2010 for promoting philanthropy within Islamic communities and received his Masters in Public Affairs magna cum laude from the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota. He has been frequently requested to lecture on topics related to innovation, human-centered design and co-creation in public/private/social sectors. His latest endeavor was founding Katalyze a “catalyst consultancy” driven to promote the exponential evolution of initiatives that are creatively disruptive and focus collaboratively on positive impact.
LAB 7: Public Sector Innovation: Enabling innovation in the public sector to increase the extent and effectiveness of government innovation efforts
Content Gurus: Mark Vernooij and Adel El Huni, THNK School of Creative Leadership
Format: Design thinking and interactive Workshop
Timings and Location: Lab C (First Floor)
09:00 – 10:15, 12:00 – 13:15
What will you learn?
- Understanding where capabilities need to develop and how to overcome barriers and challenges to innovate within the state
- Drawing from international best practices in public sector innovation and efficiencies
- How government institutions can work together and leverage each other and achieve goals
- Incentivising government to focus on innovation
- Co-creating and working with the private sector to achieve objectives